Re: [CH] FAQ - Recipies ?

The Lash (info@thelash.com)
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 10:02:59 -0500

At 04:17 PM 1/15/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>You see, IMO, this is a pain in the butt.  I'm sure those in favor have
>the answer at hand, being :  well, Rael, then keep your ass out of it.
>No problemo.  But it shouldn't be official.  It shouldn't be unofficially
>official ("go see the FAQ").  And it sure as hell shouldn't be something
>that continually creates problems on the list because the irony of it all
>is rather pathetic and sad.

Yeah, I agree. It seems this list is inhabited by a small core of people
who feel they MUST govern the list. So their solution to being challenged
is to write a FAQ that they deem to be the law of the list. Now if anyone
has the audacity to test their authority, they can say, "no- look at the
FAQ that WE wrote- it says we're correct- end of debate." It sounds a
little ideologically unsound to me. Add to that the fact that no matter how
much work you put in to a FAQ, it is seldom accessed by newbies. But, if
y'all really have the time to get this together, I might suggest leaving
recipes in a different section. It seems there has been significant web
space volunteered- enough to make several pages of recipes- the URL of
which COULD be included in the FAQ.

Rob K
http://www.thelash.com
Celtic Mayhem From America