Re: [CH] FAQ - Recipies ?

Inagaddadavida (rael64@qwest.net)
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 16:17:02 -0700

On Wednesday, January 15, 2003, at 03:06  PM, AndyB wrote:

> Brent Thompson wrote:
>>
>>> Should Chile recipes be included on the FAQ site ?
>>
>> This is purely a matter of site-owner's choice.
>
> No, it is not.
> I have solicited opinions as to whether this type of info should be on
> the FAQ. I plan to abide by the consensus of the list.
>
> I have also solicited for a "committee" to review/approve the content.
> Until I get such endorsement, I will keep the site "Unofficial".
>
> So far yours is the only negative reply from the list regarding
> recipes.
> I have already received several positive replies.
> As I said in previous emails, I would not choose the recipes,
> rather, I let the list select.

Well, it seems to me that by including all of this stuff, recipes as
well, the outcome will be, or is heading towards being, something
deemed Official in some sense.  The Official CH FAQ or the like...and
then comes into play, things like who has the right to do/name such
since the CH list is owned and managed by a single individual, Brother
Mike B.?  Just my opinion, but I think anything created should remain
forever and always UNofficial.  After all, such a thing gets really
complex, ya know...like:

Who is responsible for all the info in the FAQ?

Who shall upkeep it (presumably forever and ever)?

How shall he/she/they who upkeep it/host it/etc. be decided upon?

Who is *accountable* for any/all info in the FAQ? (remember the day and
age in which we live)

Who's this "committee"? Elected? Appointed (if such, by whom? how is
right to do so granted?

What constitutes something worth putting in the FAQ, on the site, etc.;
what determines what can NOT be put in FAQ, site, etc.

You see, IMO, this is a pain in the butt.  I'm sure those in favor have
the answer at hand, being :  well, Rael, then keep your ass out of it.
No problemo.  But it shouldn't be official.  It shouldn't be
unofficially official ("go see the FAQ").  And it sure as hell
shouldn't be something that continually creates problems on the list
because the irony of it all is rather pathetic and sad.

there.  Done said my piece.  Party on...

Peace, Hendrix, and Chiles.......

Rael64
Monk of the TCS
Master of Twister