RE: [CH] Chile spam?

Jim DeLillo (jimdel@bellatlantic.net)
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 15:49:13 -0500

Scott,

Those same arguments can be made against hardcopy junk mail.

The additional carriers to carry it.
The cost being passed on to users through higher postage.
The cost and growing problem of recycling.
The pollution caused by not recycling.
The land we are running out of because of landfill.

But congress nor USPS will put a stop to it.  "Junk Mail" represents the
largest revenue producer for the USPS.
An entire industry of direct mail merges, purges, mails, tracks and
propagates catalogs, circulars, and other MASS mailings.
Another industry relies on the paper, printing, ink and production of same.
And those companies marketing via direct mail rely on their catalog being
delivered.
Do you ONLY get snail mail that you requested?

That said, how can you lump me into the same category of scam & Spam that
sends out millions of untargeted mailings?
The whole purpose of my mailing, if you read it, was to confirm permission
to keep you on the list.  If I didn't tell you what my products or services
were, how would you know.

That certainly is a courtesy not offered by the list of spammers that you
rattled off.

You're not interested, fair enough, you're off the list.

But we're off topic.

So your next subject line should read "OT - Spam" (that way I can filter it
out), there's nothin' about chiles goin on in this thread. So stop "wasting
bandwidth".

<< Jim >>