RE: [CH] Chile spam?

Dave Drum (xrated@ameritech.net)
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 15:37:05 -0600

At 03:49 PM 2/26/2003 -0500, Jim DeLillo wrote:
>Scott,
>
>Those same arguments can be made against hardcopy junk mail.
>
>The additional carriers to carry it.
>The cost being passed on to users through higher postage.
>The cost and growing problem of recycling.
>The pollution caused by not recycling.
>The land we are running out of because of landfill.
>

>But congress nor USPS will put a stop to it.  "Junk Mail" represents the
>largest revenue producer for the USPS.
>An entire industry of direct mail merges, purges, mails, tracks and
>propagates catalogs, circulars, and other MASS mailings.
>Another industry relies on the paper, printing, ink and production of same.
>And those companies marketing via direct mail rely on their catalog being
>delivered.
>Do you ONLY get snail mail that you requested?

Actually the USPS makes money on junk mail. And because they do our 1st
Class postage rates remain reasonable (they lose money (a little) on 1st
class) and Second Class rates (a sweet scam that Tom Jefferson and Benny
Franklin dreamed up) are absolutely miniscule in relation to the cost of
handling all those magazines, newpapers and other periodicals. Actual
postage on an issue of Chile Pepper may be as low as U$.0175. So, you're
not even getting your two cents worth.

ENJOY!!!

Uncle Dirty Dave's Kitchen
Home of Hardin Cider & Yaaaaa Hoooo Ahhhhh Hot Sauce!!!