Re: [CH] Chile spam?

Virginia Anderson (anderson.lists@ntlworld.com)
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 07:22:43 +0000

on 26/2/03 3:20 pm, Dave Drum at xrated@ameritech.net wrote:

> Oh, ye of little faith and much perfection (never having made a single
> misteak in your lives). Apparently most of you are intolerant, too. The man
> apologised and explained. What more do you require? The death of his
> first-born male child?
>
> That being said - I didn't get spammed. Nor did my two friends locally who
> are lurkers on the list (which may 'splain their not being hit). So, it's
> obvious to me (and any but the terminally dull witted) that Jim made the
> effort he says he made. Sadly, some addresses got through. And they just
> happen to belong to rabid, frothing-at-the-mouth perfectionist that put me
> in mind of that "Lash" clown.
>
> Lighten up and let's go back to the real purpose of the list - which, BTW,
> is chilies.

I've been lurking, mostly.  I didn't get involved in the last twelve or so
arguments which sent 50 emails a day from this list, some of which came
about through one Dave Drum.

I have been subscribed to this list since about 1997.  I left it for about
four months last autumn due to business reasons, but aside from that I've
been here.  And now, because someone spams me and doesn't promise to take my
name off his list I'm a rabid, frothing-at-the-mouth perfectionist and
resemble a clown.

I've had a lot of nice chats over the years with lovely people on the list,
whose names I won't mention because they'll be drawn into this.  I don't
want to get beat on by this Drum.  The people I like post less these days,
anyway.  As Cartman says, 'scroo yoo, I'm going home'.

Virginia