Re: [CH] Which Grow Best In Pots?

Love2Troll (Love2Troll@kc.rr.com)
Tue, 11 Mar 2003 15:24:09 -0600

> Of the following, which would do best
in the pots?

RisaG,

In a word(s)...  all of them will do well in pots.  I live in a wooded area and must grow in containers.  Well over 100 tomato & pepper varieties in the last 10 years.

The Spanish Spice is a rather large plant (one of my all-time favs) & yet does very well in a 5 gal pot in my zone 5/6.  In So Cal I would go to a 7.5 or even larger.  Bigger is almost always better.

A lot depends on your container gardening skills and ability to read a plants needs.  Expect that is a piece of cake for you.

JohnT

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: RisaG
  To: chile-heads@globalgarden.com
  Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2003 2:00 PM
  Subject: [CH] Which Grow Best In Pots?

  Since I am growing 20 types of heirloom tomatoes this
  year, I don't have as much room for chiles. I am
  growing 12 kinds of chiles, which at least 9 will be
  in the ground. Of the following, which would do best
  in the pots?

  Lemon Drop
  Orange Thai
  Orange Serrano
  Guam Boonie
  Fish pepper
  Yellow Mushroom
  Stripe Peppers
  Orange Devil Habanero
  Piquillo
  Ring of Fire*
  Spanish Spice
  Little Nubian

  * I have grown Ring of Fire in pots and it grows well
  and very prolific. Not very tall but lots of chiles.

  So, what do you think? Which ones would do better in
  pots? I have a feeling hab wouldn't do well. They need
  a lot of growing space.

  =====
  RisaG

  Risa's Food Service