[CH] "How To Tape A Cat" from C-H (offline)

Mike Stallcup (Michael.Stallcup@nasa.gov)
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 13:37:12 -0600

(My apologies to the List if this comes through twice.  We changed
e-mail addresses and I've been doing the unsubscribe/subscribe thing
with GlobalGarden. I hope I have it fixed now.)

Hi C-H'ers,

Since "How To Tape A Cat" has become one of the legendary tales of
the C-H List I thought I'd share it with those who weren't around to
hear it firsthand. No, the on-line archives don't go back that far.
Yes, my personal collection of archives do go back that far.  Enjoy!

Mike  (C-H #36, hab seed intact)
Carpe Capsicum!
(My words, not NASA's)

====----====----====----====----====----====----
Chile-Heads Digest, Volume 1, #282

Date: Wed, 26 Apr 95 08:54:12 EST
From: gunterman@ccmailpc.ctron.com
Subject: Cats 27 : Humans 0

Okay Folks,

I need a surefire, no fail, guaranteed way of keeping a particular
cat out of my  garden.

No cruel hurtful means will be acceptable! _No_ striated fish hooks,
Daisy PumpMaster Air Rifles, etc. (YET) I do _not_ want to make this
a cruelty to  animals thread.....

This damn cat has just (last night) _destroyed_ 2 full flats of
pepper plants, except 1 seedling. Only 1 Calai seedling survives
after  a month and a half of  nurturing under lights in the basement!
All that work and care to be ruined by 1  single cat w/ a bad
attitude I caught it digging the plants out of the flats and  before
I could get my "Super Soaker" pumped up it saw me and took off.

This has been a problem for over a month since I took the sod off my
yard and re-seeded it.  Ever since then it has taken a crap in my
yard every night and dug little trenches all over the place.

I have tried covering the yard in Cheese Cloth, scattering a full
pound of white  pepper around the perimeter of the yard. I even drank
a Gallon of iced tea and  spent the next 3 hours "marking my
territory". NOTHING WORKS, and I am getting quite angry and
frustrated. The only thing that marginally worked was the super
soaker but I can't stay up all night watching  over my yard
"snipering" for that cat. I need some sleep!

And Yes, I have talked w/ the owner, sent registered letters to them
etc. and  they continue to do nothing about it.  And all this in a
Condo Assn. where pets are _NOT_ allowed to begin w/.  These people
actually pay a 15 dollar "fine" every month to keep it!

Thanks
John (Col. Hogan)
gunterman@ctron.com

Chile-Heads Digest, Volume 1, #284