Re: [CH] re:seeds started

tucker (tucker@ticon.net)
Mon, 14 Apr 2003 13:56:38 -0500

david roy andrews wrote:

> >From Eric (Tucker)-Chocolate habs, red savina, Fatalii, and Thai sun.

  Hey David,

  Did I send you any of the "Rooster Spurs", or "Turkish Sweet Cayenne"?  (Marc, I think I
sent some to you...)  I got those from another list member, a year or three ago.  None of
the four Cayenne germinated, so I'm wondering if they may have been harvested from immature
pods.  The "Spurs" are doing only slightly better, with one strong seedling, and one very
weak (small) seedling up, out of four.

> ...  I would like to know how big these I have listed get, whether any of them would be
> good in containers...

  All I can tell you is that when I grew the Thai Sun, they were fairly compact plants, and
I would imagine that containering those should be fine.  I would, personally, use at least a
5 Gal. bucket (or similar sized pot), so they at least have a chance at reaching their full
potential.  They are exceedingly prolific, if memory serves.

--
Erich
C-H # 2099 & First Lieutenant of the Moderate Corps