Re: [CH] Felt a bit Crabby

Walter Spencer (g0tuj@g0tuj.karoo.co.uk)
Wed, 7 May 2003 22:21:03 +0100

Hi Ted. Guess I led you into the fog alright on this one. In this country
Tea is indeed a refreshing hot or cold drink of the Earl Grey type. But it
is also a meal, usually taken around five to six pm. It is a meal that I was
refering to. I might have known I would go and confuse everyone. Drat!

These Crabs are large, red and heavy legged. Great hard, heavy shell. Claws
with large pincers. Full of firm white meat and a delicious flavour. Shell
has lots of creamy, dark coloured, soft sweet meat. I need to know some way
of presenting these with a hot chile base. Got the little recipe off the
bottom of your reply and will sure use that. Hottest regards. Walt. An old
chile-head from the old country.

"Vacilators re-define truth and end up with empty souls."

Ted wrote.

> Walt my friend, please don't take offense here, I'm just a bit foggy on
the brain today....had too much of Juanita's Picante sauce.

> Let me get this straight.  Crab...as in spinldly legged pinching crabs
and blue crabs and Alaskan King crab type crabs, right?

> And, you said tea....as in Earl Gray and such?  Crab + tea?  Hmmmm  never
heard of a cobination such as this.  Perhaps I'm missing the true meaning in
the "true" English english to American english language  transfer.  Tea as
in broth or tea as in the Earl Gray variety?

> OH!  SHEEESH boy am I dense.  Ok, sorry Walt.  You're going to have the
crab as a treat WITH tea.  AHA!  seeeesh am I slow.

> George my friend, I can now say we drank too much in college.  ;)
>
> Ok, here's my suggestion.  I LOVE seafood with tabasco peppers and
serranos.  Well, serranos mostly.  I don't know why.  If you don't mind that
heat level, try the serranos.

> OH!  Speaking of serranos brings something else to mind.  Edamame soybeans
heated with serranos, onions, yellow bell peppers, grape tomatos, and a
splash of olive oil and some basil is wonderful!

> Ted
>
> --- Walter Spencer <g0tuj@g0tuj.karoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi there C-H'ers. Felt a bit Crabby today, so off I went and bought a
nice large Crab for Tea. I fancied it with chile peppers, but how to do it?
All I could think of was to dress the Crab and put all the meat into a bowl
with a few chopped green Cayenne peppers. It turned out to be a treat but I
cannot help feeling that I missed an opportunity to be chile creative here.