Re: [CH] Roaster design

Alex Silbajoris (asilbajo@hotmail.com)
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 11:57:12 +0000

>From: "Mike Benson" <mbens@execpc.com>

>At the open fields last year Alex S. had a small over-the-campfire
>roaster made from off the shelf items, and Hobby Farmer had a larger
>roaster for use with a propane powered flame thrower.

The Hobby Farmer roaster, with Cardinal Begg at the burner:

http://www.angelfire.com/oh/alexsleaves/images/256roasting.JPG

My own roaster basket, on the morning-after embers after Saturday night's
campfire:

http://www.angelfire.com/oh/alexsleaves/images/256basket.JPG

For a full-size version, delete the 256 from the file names.  But that may
make the server choke.

For me, the breakthrough came when I found that little basket among some bbq
items at a garden store.  I was able to fabricate the rest from bar and rod.

It's true that these are not often-used, so you have to put up with keeping
it stored all the times you're not using it.  It might be possible to make
one that breaks down flat and stores compactly.  If you could be able to
roll up a flat piece of perforated metal, attach it to round end pieces, and
secure that into a cylinder, all the legs and such could easily fold out or
assemble.

- A