Re: [CH] Canning Roasted Peppers

Rich McCormack (macknet@pacbell.net)
Mon, 11 Aug 2003 08:05:15 -0700

D & M Farms wrote:

> It could be that most pressure cookers are sized for pint jars. Most of the
> pressure cookers I have seen at garage sales will only hold pints. The
> pressure cooker we own will not do quarts, only pint.

So there be no confusion.  While most pressure canners can also
be used for pressure cooking, many pressure cookers aren't suitable
for pressure canning.  If the pressure in a pressure cooker can't
be regulated to an accurately known pressure by gauge and/or marked,
weighted "jiggler" it shouldn't be used for pressure canning.

Rich

--
Everything that is really great and inspiring is created
by the individual who can labor in freedom.

     -- Albert Einstein

Rich McCormack (Poway, CA) macknet@pacbell.net

Who is Rich McCormack?  Find out at...
http://home.pacbell.net/macknet/