Re: [CH] Plant tags

tucker (tucker@ticon.net)
Mon, 18 Aug 2003 18:41:02 -0500

Brent Thompson wrote:

> Thin aluminum markers are commercially available (usually about 1" x 3",
> usually packets of 25 or maybe 50) which emboss a bit when written upon
>
> ... aluminum is a pretty reactive metal which does oxidize in the
> natural outdoor environment, so within five years or so aluminum labels are
> noticably degraded (at least the hand-written ones are; I don't have any
> aluminum Dymo labels that old to know about them) -- though it certainly
> takes way, way more than 10 years to become illegible, unless I suppose if
> you had hardly embossed at all in the first place.
>
>  ---   Brent

  What about these semi-fancy brass-looking labels that my wife has marking all her rose
bushes?  Anyone ever tried those for chiles???  Or even had experience using them for roses
for multiple years??? Just a thought...

  Not that I care personally, as I'm fine with the little plastic ones.  Usually the pencil
lasts throughout the year, and then I can erase it the next spring, if need be.  The only
problem is with the two or three I've accidentally stepped on and broken this year...

--
Erich
C-H # 2099 & First Lieutenant of the Moderate Corps