Re: [CH] color of mature Datils

Fred Morris (habanero_nut@yahoo.com)
Mon, 18 Aug 2003 20:01:42 -0700 (PDT)

--- "F. Eugene (Gene) Dunnam" <dunnam@phys.ufl.edu>
wrote:
> Greetings-
> I've grown Datils for about 8 years. They turn from
> green to light
> green to lemon-yellow & then (usually) the yellow
> darkens slightly.

Well, then Gene, what did you send me a year or so
ago?  The datils I got from you have gone through
yellow to a brilliant orange and then on to a bright
orange red!  Look just like your picture except for
the color.  Must have crossed with something, but they
sure are good.  I may just become the datilnut now
that I have finally grown and tasted these fine pods.
And BTW, the frozen purple habs seeds you sent have
produced the biggest habs I have ever grown.  Entered
them in the county fair this morning - I'll let you
know what we win.

Fred the habaneronut