Re: [CH] Just can't find it.

Dave Drum (xrated@ameritech.net)
Tue, 16 Sep 2003 15:37:06 -0500

Walter Spencer wrote:
> Hi y'all. Just want to tell ya. I have given up trying to locate Hot Chili
> Sauce here in the UK. Even DanT's given up on us and I have to say it, he
> does make a decent Sauce (could do with being hotter like) or two.
>
> What I wondered was, has anyone tried the new offer from McIllhenny. Smoked
> Chipotle Sauce? Is it the same highly 'spirit vinegar' taste that we get in
> the other varieties or could it be different? If you have tried it and feel
> like giving me the low down on it, much obliged. Walt. CH#2218 An old
> Chile-Head from the old country.

I find all of the MaIllhenny products have the common soured vinegar
taste. The chipotle has some smoke taste and about as much heat as the
green sauce - which would make sense as we are talking of jalapeno based
sauces here.

Perhaps there is a business oppo for you. Becoming UK agent for CaJohn's
and Rev. Jim Campbell's stuff.

--
ENJOY!!!

Uncle Dirty Dave's Kitchen
Home of Hardin Cider & Yaaaaa Hoooo Ahhhhh Hot Sauce!!!