RE: [CH] Open Fields 2003

Frank J. Hashek (fhashek@comcast.net)
Wed, 24 Sep 2003 16:37:51 -0500

Ted,

You are right.  The Taqueria Rodeo is great.  It used to be a Wendy's.  I
work at the airport and sometimes we order from there.

The company has about 6 or 7 restaurants in the Indianapolis and suburban
area.  In addition to this, they also have El Jarepio and El Rodeo.

El Azabache, owned by another family is on the south side at the I465/US31
exit, north to the Southern Plaza shopping center.  We used to go there all
the time, until we started going to an El Rodeo near us.

Both places have excellent Salsa Tomatillo.  You have to ask for it.  El
Rodeo does not charge for it, El Azabache does.

Blue skies,
Frank

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-chile-heads@globalgarden.com
[mailto:owner-chile-heads@globalgarden.com]On Behalf Of Ted Wagner
Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2003 12:37 PM
To: chile-heads@globalgarden.com
Subject: Re: [CH] Open Fields 2003

Well, I'm going to make it this year, HURRAH!

I'm going to bring my jalapeno coleslaw from a now lost restaurant in
Indianapolis.

My dad is going to bring some home made salsa.  He's the salsa king...he
makes salsa every chance
he gets!

My wife isn't coming with us, BUT...she is going to make a chile quiche!
So, whoever would like
to be a guinea-pig Saturday morning, let me know.  ;)  When you see my brown
truck pull in, flock
to get your chile quiche!  ;)  We're going to roast some jalapenos and
cayennes for the quiche on
Friday night.

Oh, anyone who is in town...if you like HOME COOKED Mexican style food,
there's a new place on
West Washington Street in Indy...it's west of 465 somewhat across the street
from the KMart there.
 It's called Taqueiro Rodeo (subway is right next door).  I had the hot and
spicy burrito last
weekend....it wasn't that spicy.  However, I haven't had any home cooked
Mexican food THAT GOOD
since I lived in Yuma, Arizona.  The restaurant isn't a fancy digs
place...just good food and
reasonably priced.  If I remember correctly, this used to be fast food
joint...hardees or wendys
or something along that line.  Anyway, good food!

Looking forward to seeing everyone.  My father won't be able to stay the
duration...so, I'm
debating on whether or not to sleep out Saturday night.  We'll see.  ;)

Ted