Re: [CH] Smoked Chiles / Powders

Love2Troll (Love2Troll@kc.rr.com)
Fri, 10 Oct 2003 09:16:01 -0500

> I dry mine entirely in the Little Chief.

Kris,

Do you finish up with a period of dry heat?  (no smoke)  As I mentioned before, I had problems getting thicker walled pods dry enough to powder when I use continuous smoke.

One problem I've had with the Little Chief is that when I put too much wood in at once the temperature can get a lot higher than I like.  Am thinking that putting the wood in a closed iron container with air holes would stop the wood from rapid burning and keep it just smoldering.  Anyone have thoughts on this?

JohnT