Re: Re: [CH] funny heat scale

terrabyte@tds.net
Fri, 10 Oct 2003 12:43:59 -0500

Thanks for the tip about frozen chicken wings vs. fresh! I'll definately have to buy accordingly the next time I do a batch myself. I never thought about that.

Story at BW-3:

One night my wife and I were out having fun at BW-3 with another couple. I remembered it was a Tuesday, due to chicken wing special, where it's like 2 cents for a million of em. I might have my numbers off by a little...

Anyway, tonight was special because I was finally going to order their hottest chicken wings. I had purposely been moving up their 15 or so flavors one by one, since I had just discovered the place a couple months ago.

Due to a pitcher of beer (or two) I was feeling quite brazen when finishing the wings. When the waitress came by with my 3rd pitcher of beer, I half-jokingly asked "Doncha got anything hotter?"

And to my surprise, she said "Yes. The cooks in the back make a special concoction of their own. They call it 'THE BATH'. Would you like some?
Hell ya!

Luckily I had some beer to sip on while I waited, so that my childish giggles wouldn't escape me. I couldn't wait.

When she brought them to our table, she explained that it was basically their normal hottest chicken wing sauce, but twice as much, doused with cayenne, razor blades, and anything else they could find in the back to make your mouth hurt.

I ate quietly with a full-body buzz going on. You know that perfect nirvanna when you hit a certain sweet spot... Hot enough that your whole body is warm, but not so hot you can't keep eating? Perfection.
When the waitress came by afterward, she asked me how it was. I could only nod. The muscles in my mouth weren't responding.

(A month later I had ordered the bath again, but it kicked my ass to hell and back. I think the beer had helped the first time)

Dustin