Re: [CH] Freeezing chiles

RisaG (radiorlg@yahoo.com)
Sun, 26 Oct 2003 18:50:00 -0800 (PST)

I freeze lots of chiles each year. I either chop them
up, seed if necessary, and then place them in a bag
and roll the bag up to get all the air out and seal
it. I freeze them just like that. They do break down a
bit but usually I want them for cooking and not for
salsa or something raw so this works out well.

If you want the chiles for something fresh tasting,
freezing won't do I feel. They break down and get a
bit soft so for chili or something cooked that is
perfect.

I would think that no matter how you preserve them
(even drying them), they will be soft when you either
thaw or hydate.

Just my opinion,

RisaG