Re: [CH] Cutting boards

Doug Irvine (dougandmarie@shaw.ca)
Tue, 04 Nov 2003 12:49:41 -0800

Byron wrote:
> If you had some left over stock,  what would be your ideal size to make a
> chile cutting board just for a few chiles with your meals?
>
> IE I have some left over maple butcher block backsplash.
> My thoughts were that a 4"x6" block would be ideal for a few at a time situ.
>
> TIA
> L.B.

Well, Byron et al...I think that I would be inclined to use the hard
plastic cutting boards rather, as they can be put in the dishwasher, or
for someone without one of those, washed in realy hot soapy water, and
then rinsed. Believe me, once chile oil gets impermeated into wood, rots
a ruck getting it out. Been there, done that, and I gladly went back to
the plastic...nuthin quite like sensation of handling that board, a
month later and then rubbing yer eye! OR handling anything you value!
Cheers, Doug in BC