[CH] RE: [S&G] yesterday, ribs - today, snow

Riley J. McIntire (Riley@ChileGarden.com)
Tue, 16 Mar 2004 08:53:49 -0800

> From: alsilbajo

> Yesterday afternoon I smoked a side of ribs over that maple wood I
> gathered recently, it worked out fine.  It was nice to spend some time
> on the patio on a warm, sunny afternoon, sweeping up old leaves and
> straightening out old winter clutter.
>
> This morning, there is an inch and a half of snow on the grill, and up
> to 5 inches in the forecast.

Alex,

Snow! Amazing stuff. Believe it or not here in SoCal do get our share of
weather related setbacks and disasters. Here's a photo of the damage
caused by a storm not more than a month or so ago in Pasadena, just a
few miles away. We were lucky! Let us not take life for granted.

http://www.sillychile.com/images/Damage.jpg

It did help the soil--getting the garden ready for a new crop of chiles!
And some good grilling and bbq! Speaking of which last Sun when we
finished in the garden we grilled pizza in the weber. Used a vodka
marinara sauce with various toppings on three pizzas. Think my favorite
was sliced tomato with basil and Roquefort cheese. Serranos on all!

Hot regards,

Riley