Re: [CH] Habanero brownies?

Jim Graham (spooky130@cox.net)
Wed, 12 May 2004 09:02:33 -0500

On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 06:55:39AM -0500, Dave Drum (Uncle Dirty Dave) wrote:
> Jim Graham wrote:
>
>> Side note:  Is anyone else getting duplicate responses to their posts
>> on the list?  Is there any easy way to turn that off?
>
> It has to do with the way the list is structured. When we hit "Reply
> All" to get the reply to go to the list it also replies to the sender(s)
> of the message. If the responder just chooses to "Reply" then the
> response is just to the poster - and is not sent to the list for
> distribution.

Then choose "List Reply" to send a reply to the e-mail list (you must
have the list defined, e.g., "lists freebsd-questions chile-heads"),
or, edit the To: header to remove the duplicate.

That, or someone needs to fix the list so that posts with duplicate
To/CC fields aren't sent (i.e., there's no need for the duplicate
copy).

Until then, does anyone have a procmail recipe that will bounce any
duplicate messages?

This is sent only to the list (List reply).  There will not be a
duplicate copy (unless the list itself sends it).  It's that simple.

Later,
   --jim

--
73 DE N5IAL (/4)        | DMR: So fsck was originally called something else.
spooky130@cox.net       | Q:   What was it called?