Re: [CH] Colmans Mustard

Dave Drum (xrated@ameritech.net)
Sat, 03 Jul 2004 15:01:00 -0500

Dave Anderson wrote:

>>Yepper. Yellow powdered mustard. Colman's is available at almost any
>>grocery on the spice rack ... which is why I mentioned it in the
>>recipe. I use Tone's because they put i up in big (24 oz) containers.
>>I only ever mix vinegar with it if I want to mitigate the heat ... as
>>the acid in the vinegar lessens the burn of the mustard.
>

> We buy our Colmans in 16oz tins from the Mt. Horeb Mustard Museum in
> Wisconsin. $12.75.
>
> http://www3.mailordercentral.com/mustardmuseum/products.asp?dept=12

Dat's mucho cheaper than the 2 oz tins from the spice aisle at the
local. I get the Tone's for U$4.75 (last time) @ Sam's Club and no P&P.

I can't tell (and shouldn't be able to) any difference since yellow
mustard is yellow mustard is yellow mustard. Unlike chilies which seem
to vary in pungency even within the same species - viz the wussy
jalapeno strains and/or the no-heat jalapeno stu ff.

--
ENJOY!!!

Uncle Dirty Dave's Kitchen
Home of Hardin Cider & Yaaaaa Hoooo Ahhhhh Hot Sauce!!!

... Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of
Congress. But I repeat myself. --Mark Twain   (1868)