Re: [CH] Fatalii newbie

T. Matthew Evans (tmattevans@yahoo.com)
Mon, 9 Aug 2004 07:01:47 -0700 (PDT)

JohnT --

Glad the plants did well for you.  The second picture looks like the fatallis I
grow.  They are the hottest chile I've ever grown -- typically hotter than my
Red Savinas.  The original seeds were from USDA.

Yes, they don't weigh much at all -- quite thin-skinned, but the flesh is firm.
 I didn't smoke any last year (my first year growing them) but I did dry plenty
and grind them into powder -- holy smokes!  Unbelievably hot....

Did the Mombasas ever germinate?  The C. pubescens seeds you sent germinated
well, but very few pods....might just be too hot in Atlanta.  I have a friend
here from Peru and he brought me some C. pubescens hot sauces (very thick, in
jars) back from his last visit -- one red, one yellow, and one green.  I'll let
you know how they are.

Matt

=====