Re: [CH] Fatalii newbie

T. Matthew Evans (tmattevans@yahoo.com)
Mon, 9 Aug 2004 07:07:37 -0700 (PDT)

Robert --

I grew fatalli last year for the first time along with about 15-18 other C.
chinense varieties, including "Red Savina" from three different sources (two OP
and one from R&K Seed).  The fatalli was BY FAR the hottest.  My wife calls
them "the hateful little bastards".  I think they have fantastic C. chinense
flavor and are quite easy to work with.  I dried some, pickled some, made
fatalli hot sauce, and made fatalli pepper jelly -- all were excellent.  I'm a
big fan.

By the way -- I was visiting my family a few months back, and my mom says --
"Look at this article in 'Southern Living' about this fellow who grows all of
these chiles right here in Virginia".  Very nice article.  I told her that I
"knew" you through the list.

Matt

=====