Re: [CH] TEXTINI

Jim Graham (spooky130@cox.net)
Tue, 24 Aug 2004 20:54:53 -0500

On Tue, Aug 24, 2004 at 08:25:58PM -0500, Rob Solarion wrote:

> TEXTINI

> INGREDIENTS
>
> 4 Parts Tequila
> 1 Part Extra-Dry Vermouth
> Key Lime Juice (see note)
> Cumin

For a Texas drink, spell it right:  comino molido (ground comino)  :-)
I'm not sure who (country) spells it cumin, but I do know that I never
used to know what the h*ll cumin was (or why some people seemed to use
it "instead of" <grin> comino---at the time, I didn't know it was just
another spelling for the same thing).  :-)

> Tabasco Sauce (McIlhenney's brand, see note)

IMHO, that'd be the habanero variety, but that's just MHO.  :-)

> Pickled Tabasco Peppers (such as Trappey's brand)

Or fresh ones, from the garden!

> Jalapeņo-Stuffed Queen Olives (such as Mezzetta brand)
> Hot Pickled Okra (such as Talk O' Texas brand)

Btw, I humbly suggest an alternate name for those of us CHs not living
in Texas:  CHilini.  :-)

Anyways, that's my $0.02 ....

Later,
   --jim

--
73 DE N5IAL (/4)        | Peter da Silva:  No, try "rm -rf /"
spooky130@cox.net       | Dave Aronson:    As your life flashes before