Re: [CH] Mike spam/virus

Dave Drum (xrated@ameritech.net)
Sun, 05 Sep 2004 20:53:20 -0500

Byron wrote:

> Mike
>
> FWIW
>
> On or about 11/04/03   I switched my mail/browser to mozilla  ( same
> programming language as Netscape/Mac ~ Gecko but for Pee Cee)
> www.mozilla.com
>
> I also added Mailwasher  for e-mail. ( now $37  for lifetime)
>
> Between the 2  I blocked about 1,600 spammers per day
>
> It takes a little tweaking  but in the long run it's worth it  (I am now
> 99.99% spam/virus free)
>
> I went from 1,600  spams to 12 per day. The 12 are auto deleted
>
> Sorry  I promote only 3 items on the net,  Jim Campell is the other .
> ($$ disclaimer)
>
> L.B.

Mozilla is a great browser/emailer. I've been using it since Netscrap
went over to the dark side (AOL) and tossed all the core programmers -
who went to (guess where) Mozilla. There is also a Linux version of
Mozilla. I haven't seen the need for Mailwasher as the spam catcher in
Thunderbird (Mozilla's Stand Alone e-mailer) and the definable filters
automatically send 99% of my spam to the JUNK folder.

And it doesn't have the security holes of Internet Exploder/Outlook
Express or Always Over Loaded's software.

--
ENJOY!!!

Uncle Dirty Dave's Kitchen
Home of Hardin Cider & Yaaaaa Hoooo Ahhhhh Hot Sauce!!!

... In this world of sin and sorrow there is always something to be
thankful for. As for me, I rejoice that I am not a Republican.
-- H L Mencken