Re: [CH] first-time plant help please

Love2Troll (Love2Troll@kc.rr.com)
Thu, 9 Sep 2004 20:55:34 -0500

Risa writes:  > Our extension service charges $40 for a soil test.

Aargh!  That's too much.  I suggested same to a friend in Virginia and it cost $7.  I did know that it costs diff amounts for different areas.

jt

----- Original Message -----
From: RisaG
To: Love2Troll ; chile-heads
Sent: Thursday, September 09, 2004 8:40 PM
Subject: Re: [CH] first-time plant help please

That is a good idea. Have the extension service test for your problems.

Our extension service charges $40 for a soil test. You can also buy one of those home testing kits. I have one and it has really come in handy when our trees started dying unexpectedly.

RisaG

Love2Troll <Love2Troll@kc.rr.com> wrote:
Yvonne,

You might want to contact your local extention office. They will be up on problems specific to your area. And they might be able to test your soil for free or a small fee.

This link will lead you to an office hopefully near you: http://county-tx.tamu.edu/

Lots of Texans container garden and can move the plants around to sunny or shady areas & bring inside for the winter. Peppers are ideal container plants.

Happy growing,
JohnT