Re: [CH] Fatali Attraction

Kris Kumler (kris+chile-heads@kumler.us)
Wed, 6 Oct 2004 21:33:13 -0400

On Wed, Oct 06, 2004 at 09:22:17PM +0000, Alex Silbajoris wrote:

> That's the name I'll use for the sauce I made this afternoon.  I started
> with two full plastic grocery bags of beautiful yellow pods, and now four
> full quart jars are happily clattering in the hot water bath.  My right
> hand is absolutely on fire!
>
> I've never worked with this type of pod before.  They seem approximately
> equal to habs, though with less seed mass (thus, less pulp as a
> by-product). If anything, the flavor is slower to hit and longer sustained
>  than habs.  The color is a vivid yellow.  This stuff is going to hurt
> people, beginning with ME.

Sounds beautiful.  I fell in love with the Fatali this year after I had
them for the first time.  They are very nice chiles.  I am only
dissapointed that by the time I got to them in the fields (and knew what
they were like) I got less than a dozen ripe pods.  I did save the seed
from the ones I got this year, so hopefully I'll get something close
next year.

--
Kris