Re: [CH] Thanksgiving Cranberry Chipotle Compote V8 #790

Cameron Begg (begg@ceof.ohio-state.edu)
Tue, 30 Nov 2004 07:57:13 -0500

Hi C-H's,

Mike wrote:
>(I just googled for the recipe and found many many copies, all in my original
>prose, some even giving me credit!)  Many are on list member's sites.  This
>recipe is great, even for those not chile inclined.

I was surprised to find it all over the place too! Yes, it is excellent. I make it every year. Unfortunately Grand Marnier was selling (or not!) for $35/bottle at the local store. So this year I substituted a mixture of triple sec and peach brandy. Worked fine. (Even Alex is not as cheap as me!)
 Construction notes: Peel the orange with a potato peeler and put into a food processor. Whiz it to bits and then add the chipotles. Chipotle powder works fine too.

John Whalen wrote:
>............the news we were hoping for, a Bush Win!

Wow - I had no idea that any of the list members were so rich!

Jim C wrote:
>I certainly hope they're not molded *before* baking- that usually
>happens after they've sat around damp for a month in the cabinet first

Here's where you Yanks could actually improve the language for once :-) Use the original "mould" for the shaping process and "mold" for the fungal growth. (While you're at it fix "curb", as in "Curb your desire to step off the kerb.")

Now as cold and darkness steal our world, what a treat to hear from Tony, watching Spring reclaim the Bay of Plenty. Wonderful planet. How I wish we could keep it that way.
--
---
                     Regards,               Cameron.