Re: [CH] recipe needed

Uncle Dirty Dave (xrated@ameritech.net)
Sat, 18 Dec 2004 23:15:56 -0600

Nels Peterson Family wrote:

> We were at a Christmas party the other night and someone had brought sweet
> cucumber dill pickles that had been re-brined and repacked with canned
> sliced jalapeno peppers.  They had gotten the jars of pickles from a friend
> and wanted to share with the party.  they don't have the recipe.  They were
> pretty good-- relatively mild, would benefit from a bit of hab powder in the
> brine.

I dunno how you get dill and sweet at the same time.

> any ideas out there in chile-land?

Here's how I make them ... by the quart.

> Thanks and happy holidays

Dill MMMMM----- Meal Master Recipe

       Title: Dill Pickles
  Categories: Chilies, Pickles, Preserving
       Yield: 1 Jar

MMMMM----------------------BOTTOM OF JAR-----------------------------
       2 cl Garlic
       2 pc Carrot (1" length)
       2    Bay leaves
       1 ts Mustard seed
       2    Jalapeno chilies; sliced *
            Fresh dill

MMMMM------------------------PICKLES---------------------------------
            Pack jar with cucumbers

MMMMM------------------------TOP WITH--------------------------------
       1 tb Brown sugar
       1 tb Pickling spice

   Boil 1-cup vinegar to 3-cups water and pour into jar
   leaving a 1/2" headspace.

   Wipe and seal

   Place the jar in canner with water 1 to 2" above top.

   Bring to a boil and process for 15 minutes.

   Remove and cool.

   * Serranos work as well. Double the number of serranos
   as they are lesser in volume than the jalapenos.

   MM Format by Dave Drum - 02 April 2003

   Uncle Dirty Dave's Kitchen

MMMMM

--
ENJOY!!!
--------

REMEMBER - Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity!!!