Re: [CH] Bad News on Cinco de Mayo

Kris Kumler (kris+chile-heads@kumler.us)
Thu, 5 May 2005 10:09:03 -0400

On Thu, May 05, 2005 at 08:27:54AM -0500, jim wrote:
> Last frost date here in Indianapolis is May 15th.  I don't care how warm it
> is for how long, I don't cheat that date by so much as a single day.  I've
> seen snow here on Memorial day (once).

I waited until nearly two weeks after the last expected frost date for
here.  I don't recall where I got that date, but I waited after that
because the Ohio River Valley has such wonderfully predictable weather.
:/  I've never set out tomatoes before about the middle of May anyways.

My area is so small though, I could have covered mine if I knew it was
coming.

--
Kris
OpenPGP Key Fingerprint: 14B5 9651 FC09 E576 077E F344 DFA2 1AA8 6229 5D84