Re: [CH] Bad News on Cinco de Mayo

Doug Irvine (dougandmarie@shaw.ca)
Thu, 05 May 2005 07:33:22 -0700

PBurke@mpi.mb.ca wrote:

> Up here in the frozen north....we wouldn't even consider planting before
> the 3rd weekend in May....got 70 plants in starter trays, just
> awaiting....
>
> Paul
>

> ( in Winnipeg....a lot east of the guy on the island ( hey Doug ) ...a
> lot west of Kris ( Ottawa)  and Linda ( Toronto )and a bit north of Nels
> in N.D.)

Yeah..and that is why Doug, who USED to live in Toronto, then Ottawa,
then Winnipeg, then Brandon. then Calgary, then Kelowna, now lives in
Nanaimo  and who still does not put anything out(except herbs)until 24th
May. I remember however, that Marie & I planted 40 tomato plants in
Kelowna one year, in April. We lucked out,no frost, and did we ever have
early maters! Tomato plants are on sale now here but I am now older and
hopefully, have more sense:-)...don't go there Jim! Cheers, Doug in BC