RE: [CH] Relabeled Hot Sauces

Dan Turkette (dan@tekinteractive.com)
Fri, 27 May 2005 15:56:55 -0500

My favorite for the record is Jim's Red Savina, and I've turned MANY people
on to it. I go through 2-3 bottles a month and use it like ketchup. We have
hundreds of sauces here, and you can tell which ones are the same and I
actually point it out to customers. When I run out of Red Savina, I just
sell them Semper Fry.

Panola is a one of the reprobates as are most of them in Louisiana. However,
marketing is what it's all about. We use a couple of firms to produce some
private label stuff for us, and one of them has more than 30 companies using
around 10 sauces for well over 45 products.

Think about private label veggies, soups or pet food in your grocery store.
Chances are if it says Meijer or Wal-Mart it was most like produced by Del
Monte or Heinz-Kerry - same stuff different label.

Regards,
Dan
Great American Spice Co
The World's Largest Spice Store(tm)