Re: [CH] Attention all Open Fields attendees (and those who wish they were going too)!

Matt Evans (tmattevans@gmail.com)
Mon, 13 Jun 2005 18:34:23 -0400

Hi, Jeff -- as one who has never attended OF, I'm not sure that mine
is the opinion you want, but this sounds like a fantastic idea.

Having grown up in the South, I have lots of "church lady" cookbooks
-- you know everybody puts in a recipe and the church sells them for a
couple of bucks.  The great thing about these cookbooks (similar to
church potlucks) is that you have a bunch of folks who have one chance
(per year, maybe) to show everyone what a great cook they are -- so,
they put their very best recipe in the book.  The added bonus is that
it seems that many of the folks who contribute to these books are
grandmothers, which I think somehow makes you a better cook (similar
to being a chile head).  I've had very good luck with these books.

Matt