Re: [CH] This List...as it is and as it was

Bill Woodward (wpwood@gmail.com)
Thu, 28 Jul 2005 15:28:11 -0500

On 7/28/05, JohnT <Love2Troll@kc.rr.com> wrote:

> This has worked for the last 4-5 or so people that I've sent to and
> hopefully still does:
>
> Send SUBSCRIBE to chile-heads-request@globalgarden.com (or to
> chile-heads-digest-request@globalgarden.com if you want the digest).
>
> When you get the authorization back, ignore the address directions and
> send it to the same address you used to send the request. Don't send
> it to majordomo, since that interface is buried in SPAM and is pretty
> much ignored.

Ah!  Now, this is the crucial bit of information missing from Andy's
FAQ!  I tried to subscribe my gmail.com address about a month ago, and
the subscription failed.  In addition, email to
'chile-heads-approval@globalgarden.com', which is the email address
given in the subscription method, remained unanswered.

Unfortunately, it does not surprise me that this list is getting less
traffic.  Only people who have been here for a while are willing to
put in the effort to jump through the subscription hurdle.

BTW, did anyone get this message?

- Bill

--
Bill Woodward     wpwood@saifa.net      http://www.saifa.net

"I have more trouble with D. L. Moody than with any other man I ever
met." -- D. L. Moody
        s/D. L. Moody/Bill Woodward/g