Re: [CH] This List...as it is and as it was

Linda Panter (lipant@sympatico.ca)
Thu, 28 Jul 2005 16:45:43 -0400

I gotcha Bill.
----- Original Message -----
From: Bill Woodward
To: chile-heads@globalgarden.com
Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2005 4:28 PM
Subject: Re: [CH] This List...as it is and as it was

On 7/28/05, JohnT <Love2Troll@kc.rr.com> wrote:

> This has worked for the last 4-5 or so people that I've sent to
> and
> hopefully still does:
>
> Send SUBSCRIBE to chile-heads-request@globalgarden.com (or to
> chile-heads-digest-request@globalgarden.com if you want the
> digest).
>
> When you get the authorization back, ignore the address
> directions and
> send it to the same address you used to send the request. Don't
> send
> it to majordomo, since that interface is buried in SPAM and is
> pretty
> much ignored.

Ah!  Now, this is the crucial bit of information missing from
Andy's
FAQ!  I tried to subscribe my gmail.com address about a month
ago, and
the subscription failed.  In addition, email to
'chile-heads-approval@globalgarden.com', which is the email
address
given in the subscription method, remained unanswered.

Unfortunately, it does not surprise me that this list is getting
less
traffic.  Only people who have been here for a while are willing
put in the effort to jump through the subscription hurdle.

BTW, did anyone get this message?

- Bill

--
Bill Woodward     wpwood@saifa.net      http://www.saifa.net

"I have more trouble with D. L. Moody than with any other man I
ever
met." -- D. L. Moody
        s/D. L. Moody/Bill Woodward/g