Re: [CH] The Bread

Dave Drum (dirty_dave@chillicooks.org)
Thu, 28 Jul 2005 23:09:33 -0500

Bill Woodward wrote:
> On 7/26/05, terrabyte@charter.net <terrabyte@charter.net> wrote:
>
>>Anyone planning on making "The Bread" at Open Fields this year?
>>
>>I'd definately like to try some of the infamous bread, and if necessary, could make it if
>>there was others interested in having some.
>>

> At one point, I thought I saw a bread machine recipe for the infamous
> bread.  Does anyone know where I might find it?

Here y'go ....

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.06

       Title: Jim Campbell's Red Savina Bread
  Categories: Spice, Chile-heads, Breads
       Yield: 1 Servings

   1 1/2 c  Whole wheat flour
   1 1/2 c  White flour
            (all wheat may be used, but
            Not all white - the Savina
            (tm) seems to go good with
            Wheat breads while white
            Has too little flavor for
            It IMHO)
     1/2 c  V8 or similar veggie juice
     1/2 c  Water
       1 ts Salt
   1 1/2 tb Evaporated dried milk
   1 1/2 tb Brown sugar
       1 tb Honey or sorghum
   1 1/2 ts Fast rise auto bread yeast
            (2 tsp normal yeast)
       2 tb Butter
       2 oz (or more/less) ground dried
            Red Savina (tm) Habanero

   This recipe is for one of those automatic bread machines- I ain't
   smart enough to know how to cook bread otherwise.

   Heat liquid ingredients to about 100 F. Pour into cannister. Put in
   dry ingredients, yeast last. Set machine to desired finish. Done.

   I'll leave it to individuals to try and figure out how to adapt this
   to their own style of bread making. Like I said, this is for one of
   those auto bread machines simply because I don't know how to bake
   bread otherwise. If it ain't easy, I ain't got time to do it. I'm
   sure there are lots of different herb combinations that could be
   used as well. Hope you all have fun with this!

   Recipe by: Jim Campbell; Mild to Wild Pepper & Herb Co.

   FROM: Chile-Heads Digest & Mailing List

   Uncle Dirty Dave's Kitchen

MMMMM

--
ENJOY!!!
--------

THERE'S A LOT OF SADNESS IN THE WORLD. Right now, as you
read this, 17 Million Americans are having SEX!

And you're on the computer! How pathetic is that???