Re: [CH] Fruit based sauce recipes?

JohnT (Love2Troll@kc.rr.com)
Sat, 30 Jul 2005 10:09:24 -0500

Habanero Plum Sauce

Ingredients

    8 oz red plum jam (Smucker's - don't skimp with a store brand)

        1 or more fresh habaneros (fine chopped)

        3 cloves garlic (grated)

        The fine chopped leaves (needles) from three 6-8" rosemary stems.
Reserve stems

        Dash of fresh ground black pepper

        1 tbs red wine  (add more wine if need be)

Procedure

        Notes:

        I put everything in a blender to save time.

        Very simple to make & much better than it sounds. The amount and
type of hot pepper used is variable.

        Use for a marinade and a sauce when roasting a pork loin etc. I
especially like some of it in the drip pan with additional liquid such as
beer, wine or water under a rolled & tied pork tenderloin on the grill
rotisserie.  Put carrots and new potatoes in the pan (if you wish) and
precook them somewhat before rotissing the tenderloin.  Reserve some of the
sauce (undiluted) for brushing on the meat during the last minutes of
cooking.

        Poke the reserved rosemary stems into the meat at intervals.  Remove
them before serving.  They give a wonderful flavor to the surrounding meat.

        Baste the tenderloin with the sauce from the pan frequently.  During
the last 30 minutes or so brush with the reserved undiluted sauce.  Also
great with pork chops and pork steaks on the grill.

        And I repeat.....  use Smucker's brand jam!