Re: [CH] test and hello

Doug Irvine (dougandmarie@shaw.ca)
Fri, 09 Sep 2005 19:57:32 -0700

Not this old guy! I am able to drink apple cider vinegar and enjoy it.
My sweet and sour sauces are to die for(not you, Sandy)and as far as
chiles are concerned, I have yet to meet a chile that I could not chomp
into, including habs! I well recall, a little girl in a grocery store,
who, seeing me with a baggie of habs at the check out felt compelled to
warn me, seeing my advanced age, that they were the hottest chiles in
the world, and I must use caution with them, and use gloves when
handling them....I said Really? and bit into one. She just about had a
fit and wanted to know if I needed water or something? Sure, it was hot,
but not that hot, but if someone had given me the finger on the way
home, I could have spit in their eye and blinded them :-) ! This vinegar
thing has been around before, many years ago, some like it and others
cannot stand it. Just like cilantro, some think it tastes like
soap...perhaps their mothers washed their mouths out with soap for using
bad language when they were young, otherwise how would they know what
soap tasted like? Everyone to their own tastes, said the old lady, when
she kissed the cow! A favourite saying of my very late mother! Cheers,
old Doug in BC