Re: [CH] First Post

Mike Nestrud (pink@gehennom.net)
Tue, 13 Sep 2005 19:44:19 -0400

On Tuesday, September 13, 2005, at 16:13:36, you wrote:
> Tonight, I purchased a pint of Hagen Dazs Mango
> sorbet.  I will puree some peach habs tomorrow.  I
> want to incorporate them into the ice cream somehow.
> Never tried it.

Your best bet, without refreezing the ice cream (which will have mixed
results) or making your own is to make some sort of sauce to go on top
with the peach habaneros.  Maybe melt some semi-sweet chocolate and mix
in some cream and the peach habaneros...

Or, because peaches are in season, pickle some fresh yellow peaches and
puree that with the peach habaneros... mango sorbet with pickled peach
habanero sauce, fresh peach slices on top... this is the direction I
would go, but I'm a sucker for pickling everything in sight and pureeing
it with habaneros.  I made a pickled watermelon/habanero puree recently
that came out fantastic.

-Mike

--
Teaching Assistant      |  "The solar garlic
American Bounty, CIA    |   starts to rot."