Re: [CH] Meatballs (thanks!)

JohnT (Love2Troll@kc.rr.com)
Sat, 17 Sep 2005 08:53:18 -0500

Mike writes:  > What type of dehydrator do you use?

Mike,

I use the Nesco American Harvest Snackmaster Express
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=1120727
and just love it especially for the temp controls.  Comes
with 4 trays and expandable to 12 trays I think.  I freeze
my pods first and then dry them cut side up at low temps.
125°F in the summer and 115° in the less humid winter.

Then when dry enough to powder (often takes 3 days) its into
my $10 Westbend electric food chopper which works the best
of the three cheapo brands that I've tried.

Splatter screens (for food frying) make a good shelf
accessory for small leafy herbs etc.  At 95° it is kinda OK
for seed drying, but have found that even cooler & slower
drying of seeds gives a better end result.  Why that should
be I don't know, but read it someplace and am now convinced
gives better germination.

Splatter screens
http://www.fototime.com/9A98CAF6FD6F648/standard.jpg

Handle cut off with Dremel tool