[CH] Possible Kimchee origin scenario

Alex Silbajoris (asilbajo@hotmail.com)
Mon, 19 Sep 2005 22:41:29 +0000

>From: AndyB <barnhart@mfire.com>

>Now, if you do have a recipe, don't require that I bury it for a year - I
>don't have that much patience!

I'm trying to imagine the inspiration for such a recipe, anyway ...

Farmer:  The warlord's soldiers are coming!  Hide the cabbage in a crock in
the outhouse!

Soldier:  "Give us your cabbage!"

Farmer: "We poor farmers don't got no cabbage!"

The soldier looks around and leaves empty-handed, a year passes...

Soldier:  "Give us your cabbage!"

Farmer:  "Cabbage?  We don't got no stinking cabbage!"

Soldier:  (whiff whiff) "Yes you do, you dirty cheating clod-breaker!  Off
with your head!"

...and maybe that's when they learned to bury the crocks in the yard.