Re: [CH] Spicy Foods for Babies

Matt Evans (tmattevans@gmail.com)
Mon, 10 Oct 2005 19:00:10 -0400

Ben --

I started very early with chiles in Nova's baby food.  I think the
best combination was ancho or pasilla powder mixed into sweet
vegetables like winter squash, sweet potatoes, and carrots.  She
seemed to like it, but you don't always get much feedback from a
six-month-old.

John -- I have a friend with Crohn's and as it turns out, she's
actually pregnant now.  She does pretty well eating spicy food when
she and her husband are over for dinner, but I don't think it's a
regular part of her diet -- maybe it should be?

Matt