RE: [CH] Open Fields 2006

Frank J. Hashek (fhashek@comcast.net)
Tue, 3 Jan 2006 18:32:09 -0500

 John,

You will certainly enjoy OF.  If you want to try fresh Rocotos, you might
check out your nearby Mexican grocers (if you have any nearby).  They may
call them Chile Manzanos.  We have quite a few Mexican grocers here, but the
availability of the Chile Manzanos is hit or miss.  Penzeys has dried Aleppo
(flakes).

Blue skies,
Frank

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-chile-heads@globalgarden.com
[mailto:owner-chile-heads@globalgarden.com] On Behalf Of John H. Sphar
Sent: Tuesday, January 03, 2006 4:48 PM
To: jim@wildpepper.com; chile-heads@globalgarden.com
Subject: Re: [CH] Open Fields 2006

Jim, haven't seen any suggestions posted yet.  Can't believe I'd be
disappointed anyway.  It will be my first OF, so I trust everyone's
judgement.  I have heard a lot about fatalii chiles and Aleppos.  Also I
never tasted a fresh rocoto.  It would be nice to bring the makings of a
stuffing and prepare rocoto rellenos, or rocoto poppers.  You may already be
planning these chiles, so I'm easy.

John Sphar
San Jose, CA
(western endpoint of a line drawn through OF and NYC)

--- jim@wildpepper.com wrote:

> please give me suggestions on what you all would
like to see