Re: Fwd: Re: [CH] In the middle of an oil pipeline story...

Dave Drum (dirty_dave@chillicooks.org)
Sat, 22 Apr 2006 18:45:50 -0500

John H. Sphar wrote:

> usually it's sheep heart, liver and lung (with trachea
> too!) and oatmeal, onions, stock and some chile pepper
> thankfully.  The container is usually the sheep's
> stomach.  I tried it but wimped out after very few
> bites.

Have none of you folks ever eaten sausage? What in the world do you
think is in there? Last time I read the ingredients list on a
container of La Preferida Chorizo the first ingredient was "porcine
salivary glands". For that matter - whachoo think "natural" sausage
casings are?!?!?!?

Liver and lights, tatties, neeps and oatmeal in a sheep's stomach
ain't all that bad. Or different. Beats the tar out of French (not
Cajun) andouille sausage. And a little ground chile can wake it all
up. A little sprinkle of Riley McIntire's Not-A-Wuss Rub, say ....

--
ENJOY!!!
--------

It is our responsibilities, not ourselves, that we should take
seriously. - Peter Ustinov