Re: [CH] Epazote

Rael64 (z42dkm@yahoo.com)
Tue, 1 Aug 2006 22:28:42 -0700 (PDT)

Oh, man...mint is wonderful stuff...mint tea, mint in
iced tea, mint in ice cream, in beans...but here:

Cut up one fresh pineapple and put into a big bowl
(small bite-sized pieces, say, 1/4-1/2 inches).  Chop
fairly fine about 2 cloves garlic (more or less, to
taste), and add to pineapple.  Dice a couple roma
tomatoes and add along with some ground cumin, approx.
1/8 tsp.  Dice/mince a couple chiles of your choice
and add.  Stir well, and wet (not drown) with some
lime juice (1 lime should be plenty) and maybe a
splash of vinegar.  I've chopped up a bit of onion and
added as well, but the onion tends to fight with the
garlic and pineapple too much, so I think it's best
without.  And lastly, add in a good tablespoon, or
even two, of chopped fresh mint.  Stir again, cover,
refrigerate, and let sit for a good 3-4 hours so the
mint does its thing.

Great with just chips but good with fish too.
Probably works with chicken (blah) and other beasts
too.

Peace, Hendrix, and Chiles......
Don