Re: [CH] Epazote

KnoxBill (knoxbill@comcast.net)
Wed, 02 Aug 2006 06:47:35 -0400

Rael64 wrote:

>Oh, man...mint is wonderful stuff...mint tea, mint in
>iced tea, mint in ice cream, in beans...but here:
>
>Cut up one fresh pineapple and put into a big bowl
>(small bite-sized pieces, say, 1/4-1/2 inches).  Chop
>fairly fine about 2 cloves garlic (more or less, to
>taste), and add to pineapple.  Dice a couple roma
>tomatoes and add along with some ground cumin, approx.
>1/8 tsp.  Dice/mince a couple chiles of your choice
>and add.  Stir well, and wet (not drown) with some
>lime juice (1 lime should be plenty) and maybe a
>splash of vinegar.  I've chopped up a bit of onion and
>added as well, but the onion tends to fight with the
>garlic and pineapple too much, so I think it's best
>without.  And lastly, add in a good tablespoon, or
>even two, of chopped fresh mint.  Stir again, cover,
>refrigerate, and let sit for a good 3-4 hours so the
>mint does its thing.
>
>Great with just chips but good with fish too.
>Probably works with chicken (blah) and other beasts
>too.

don rael,

i (finally) got around to experimenting with pineapple salsa and make
something similar to this...i add a scoot of allspice, no tomato (will
try that next time)...*very* good stuff...and *very* easy to make...chop
it up (use 2 - 3 orange habs), mix it up, let it sit a while (the hard
part) and serve it up...it doesn't last long...yummy...

--

knoxbill

"I couldn't remember things until I took that Sam Carnegie course."
                        -- Bill Peterson, former Houston Oiler football coach