Re: [CH] OT -- Cherry/Pear Tomatoes

Mary-Anne Durkee (durkee.ch.list@gmail.com)
Wed, 9 Aug 2006 10:12:40 -0700

Hey Matt,

Last year I was overwhelmed with cherry tomatoes.....well what did I
expect planting two dozen varieties.? DUH!

I canned a bunch of them whole, worked great for adding to soups, or
making sauces.  You can also grind them up into a puree and cook down
for sauces.

This year I only planted 8 cherry tomatoes, but I am seeing some
volunteer tomatoes that I fear will be cherry toms, here we go again.
VBG

I hope NOT to have to can any tomatoes this year.  I think I have a
four year supply for us, and the kids.

Mary-Anne