Re: [CH] WI Boys

Linda Hutchinson (lipant@sympatico.ca)
Wed, 9 Aug 2006 16:37:58 -0400

I have had horseradish-spiked "Mary's" in Florida, in California, and I
forget where else. It's kind of disgusting, why would you want chewy bits
floating in your drink?

And I agree exactly about Dijon. I know it's very French and therefore it's
RIGHT, but I don't like the taste.  Give me a good hab mustard anytime.

A Bloody Caesar is similar to a Bloody Mary but instead of tomato juice it's
clamato juice... clam juice and tomato juice.  Don't be horrified... I don't
even eat clams but clamato is good! It's thinner and not at all fishy but
makes a terrific drink. Very savoury. And they are usually spicier than a
Mary and hold the spices well, as opposed to tomato juice which floats it at
the top of the drink.

Linda

----- Original Message -----
From: John Sphar
To: Linda Hutchinson
Cc: Chilehead List
Sent: Wednesday, August 09, 2006 4:33 PM
Subject: Re: [CH] WI Boys

Linda, I have never drunk a bloody Mary with horseradish.  Where have you?
Usually it's Tabasco.  To avoid this, I bring my own spice.  I too don't see
the point in Dijon.  It's like dampening the natural spiciness of mustard -
which is naturally spicy!  It should be enhanced not supressed!

John Sphar

PS: this is fun: having a day off, and only reading C-H stuff  ......!!!!!!!
And I will admit I don't know what a Bloody Caesar is..  Please elucidate?