RE: [CH] Residual heat in cookware

Riley J. McIntire (Riley@ChileGarden.com)
Wed, 11 Oct 2006 13:02:11 -0700

Tina Brooks [shoestring_louise@yahoo.com] wrote:

> --- Alex Silbajoris <asilbajo@hotmail.com> wrote:

>>> From: Tina Brooks <shoestring_louise@yahoo.com>

>>> Was it your intent to simply make us drool or will you
>>> PLEASE share the recipe for the soup????

>> a fat parsnip (made the stock rather sweet and grassy) a

>> Have you made chicken stock from bones like that?
>> - A

> I'm not too sure I even know what a parsnip is, but it

Looks like a white carrot. More fibrous. Good in soups, doesn't lose its
firmness as much as carrots. You can subst them for carrots to get a 'white
mirepoix'. I think that's what they call it.

> The soup in the photo looks a lot more complicated
> than that!

It's not soup in the photo, it's the fatalii hot sauce Alex made that
amazingly added residual heat to a porcelain Dutch oven. Or it's soup for
the insane. Some on this list would probably have seconds! ;-)

Riley
--
"Be who you are and say what you feel,
because those who mind don't matter